Vendor: Bethany House Publishers
Publication Date: November 20, 2018
Number of Pages: 176
Dimensions: 8.50 × 5.50 (inches)
· let go of false beliefs that hold them back
· work through the cycles of grief
· focus on self-care and healthy routines
· understand disability based on what the Bible says
· rebuild a strong faith foundation
· create support systems for themselves and others
Filled with real-life stories and hard-earned wisdom, this book shines a light on the possibilities and blessings that come when parents see their new purpose in life--which was God's purpose for them all along.
Sandra Peoples, MDiv, is a leading voice in the disability community as an encourager to special-needs parents. She has been a member of a special-needs family since the day she was born. Her older sister has Down syndrome, and in 2010 her son James was diagnosed with autism. Sandra is the executive editor for Key Ministry and Not Alone (Patheos), and her writing has been featured by FamilyLife Today, DaySpring, Parenting Teens (LifeWay), and (in)courage. Sandra, her husband, and their two boys live outside of Houston. You can connect with her at www.sandrapeoples.com.