The World's Greatest Book
Vendor: Museum of the Bible Books
Publication Date: September 19, 2017
Number of Pages: 256
Dimensions: 9.30 × 6.35 (inches)
How in the world did we get this book that some people swear by and other people swear at? You don't have to be a skeptic to have a grocery list of questions about the formation of the Bible, such as:
- Who wrote these documents and when?
- How were these ancient writings transmitted through the ages?
- As scribes made copies of copies, didn't they make mistakes that caused the ancient writings to be changed and corrupted?
- How was it decided which writings would be included in the Bible?
- What are the Dead Sea Scrolls, and why are archaeological finds like these such a big deal?
I found this book absolutely fascinating to read, and really enjoyed hearing the differing points of view from the two authors. It definitely answered many questions I had about where the Bible actually came from and the reliability of scriptures.