The Monogamy Myth
Vendor: William Morrow Paperbacks
Number of Pages: 256
Dimensions: 8.50 × 5.50 (inches)
One of the most valuable survival guides for men or women recovering from a partner's affair.
Featured on Oprah, 48 Hours, CNN, Fox News, and in USA Today
In this landmark book, Peggy Vaughan helps us to understand the stages of suspicion, confrontation, and the healing process necessary to recover, including rebuilding self-esteem, the marriage/divorce dilemma, and seeking professional help. Packed with practical, time-tested advice and successful strategies, this authoritative guide reveals:
- You are not alone—estimates are that at least 60 percent of men and 40 percent of women will have an extramarital affair.
- People from all walks of life have affairs—devoted parents, religious individuals, regardless of income or social class.
- Our society contributes to the prevalence of affairs.
- An affair does not mean the end of a marriage.
- Recovery is fueled by honest, open discussion of the affair.
Substantiated by case studies, ongoing research, and the author's own experience, this updated third edition includes information on the role of the Internet in relationships, shares the words of others who are recovering from affairs, and describes the six-step program for establishing communication between partners that can actually prevent affairs.