The Apostles' Creed - Bible Study Book
Vendor: LifeWay Press
Publication Date: April 03, 2017
Number of Pages: 160
Dimensions: 9.50 × 7.00 (inches)
The lines of the creed aren’t mere words. They are the essence of what we confess and believe. Repeating the creed doesn’t make disciples. Incantations don’t transform us into better, more effective Christians. Creeds don’t hold any authority apart from Scripture, but they do point outside themselves to the authoritative Word of God.
The Apostles’ Creed was traditionally used as a public confession before baptism. This confession of faith, given as a recitation of the creed, was understood as an act of turning away from previous pagan beliefs and fully accepting apostolic teaching. This profession identified new believers with the community of Christians.
This group study from Matt Chandler and The Village Church leads to greater clarity of our religion, greater symmetry and balance as a disciple, and a more profound sense of belonging in the kingdom of God.
The Apostles’ Creed Bible Study Book includes 12 small-group sessions, 12 weeks of personal Bible study, applicable Scripture, “How to Use This Study,” and tips for leading a group.
1. I Believe In
2. God the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth
3. And in Jesus Christ, His Only Son, Our Lord
4. Who Was Conceived by the Holy Spirit, Born of the Virgin Mary
5. Suffered Under Pontius Pilate; Was Crucified, Dead, and Buried
6. He Descended to Hell, the Third Day He Rose Again from the Dead
7. He Ascended into Heaven and Sits on the Right Hand of the Father Almighty
8. From Whence He Shall Come to Judge the Living and the Dead
9. I Believe in the Holy Spirit
10. The Holy Catholic Church, the Communion of Saints
11. The Forgiveness of Sins
12. The Resurrection of the Body and the Life Everlasting. Amen
• Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
• 12 small-group sessions that guide groups through the theological implications of the creed
• Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• Help believers better understand the foundations of the Christian faith.
• Improve evangelistic efforts by learning the fundamentals of the Christian faith.
• Gain a succinct understanding of Christianity, its origins, and its basic theology.
• Understand the significance of understanding and clearly professing what you believe.
• Transform your group into engaged disciples of Jesus who embrace and practice the essential doctrines of their faith.
Alongside his current role as lead pastor, Matt is involved in church-planting efforts both locally and internationally through The Village and various strategic partnerships. Prior to accepting the pastorate at The Village, Matt had a vibrant itinerant ministry for over 10 years that gave him the opportunity to speak to thousands of people in America and abroad about the glory of God and beauty of Jesus. Other than knowing Jesus, Matt’s greatest joy is being married to Lauren and being the dad to their three children, Audrey, Reid, and Norah.
Matt is also the president of Acts 29, a worldwide church-planting organization. Over the past 10 years, Acts 29 has emerged from a small band of brothers to over four hundred churches in the United States and in multiple countries.