Overcomer - Bible Study Book
Number of Pages: 64
Dimensions: 9.50 × 7.00 (inches)
Many people feel they are less than who God says they are. We get our identity from our careers, our political positions, our roles in the family, and a number of other lesser things.
However, what is most true about us is that we are made by a God who loves us, and the gospel can bring us into a relationship with Him. When we understand who God is, we more fully understand who we are.
This small group study uses clips from the film Overcomer to examine how we determine our identity and how we can find our true identity in Christ.
1. Who Are You?
2. You Are Broken
3. You Are Chosen
4. You Surrender
5. You Declare
• Five small-group sessions
• Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• Learn to define yourself as the Creator defines you.
• Understand that false identity comes from your brokenness.
• Trust what Christ accomplished to make you new.
• Find certainty and purpose in the Lord.
• Recognize ways you are finding your identity in something other than Christ.
• Reclaim the good purpose God has for your life.
• Learn what it means to be broken by sin.
• Study the lives of Moses, Gideon, Jonah, Jeremiah, Elisha, Paul, and other biblical figures to learn how their relationships with God defined their identities.
Alex Kendrick grew up in Smyrna, Georgia, and graduated from Kennesaw State University with a bachelor’s degree in communications. Later, Alex attended New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. He served as a minister to college students in Marietta, Georgia, for four years, then got married and moved to Albany, Georgia, where he served as the associate pastor of media at Sherwood Baptist Church.
In 2003, Alex and his brother, Stephen, founded Sherwood Pictures and began writing, producing, acting in, and directing feature films, including Facing the Giants, Fireproof, and Courageous. In addition, Alex cowrote three novels and The Love Dare, which reached number one on the New York Times best-seller list. Alex and his wife, Christina, have six children.
Stephen Kendrick is a cowriter and producer for Sherwood Pictures. He also works with Provident Films, developing marketing and Bible-study resources for churches in conjunction with Sherwood movies. Their first movie, Facing the Giants, played in more than one thousand theaters after its September 2006 release and grossed more than ten million dollars in box-office receipts. Facing the Giants DVD was later released in 14 languages, in 56 countries, and on every continent. More than 6,500 churches have used the movie for ministry and community outreach.