Our Amish Values
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
Publication Date: February 01, 2015
Number of Pages: 64
Series: Plain Living
Dimensions: 8.50 × 5.50 (inches)
Delightful color photographs and brief A-to-Z articles make this charming 64-page book the perfect introduction to the unassuming beauty of Amish culture.
Written by an Amish tour guide from Holmes County, Ohio—the largest Amish community in the world—this concise overview of Amish practices and beliefs provides firsthand answers to visitors' most frequently asked questions.
- Why the unique clothing, buggies, and low-tech lifestyle?
- How have Amish communities changed over the years?
- Do most Amish men still work on farms?
- How do dating and engagement work?
- What are Amish church services like?
With these slice-of-life images and first-person accounts, you'll enjoy your own brief retreat into the peace and serenity of the Plain lifestyle.
Lester Beachy is a longtime member of a diverse Amish community in Ohio and for several years has served as a tour guide for visitors from around the country.