NRSV, Standard Bible with Apocrypha, Hardcover, Tan/Brown
Publication Date: February 27, 2007
Number of Pages: 1872
Dimensions: 9.63 × 6.63 (inches)
Text Size: 10.5
Ribbon Marker: No
Page Gilding: No
Accurate. Beautiful. Trusted.
This NRSV Standard Bible features a one-column setting, allowing you to read the Bible as work of literature. Each book is introduced with an original woodcut illustration. This edition also includes the Apocrypha, the Jewish books recognized by the Catholic, Orthodox, and some Protestant denominations.
The New Revised Standard Version of the Bible is the standard translation used by mainline Protestant churches, Orthodox churches, and by many Catholics. The NRSV debuted in 1989 and is owned by the National Council of Churches, which is the leading force for ecumenical cooperation among Christians in the United States, representing thirty-five denominations with forty-five million members in more than 100,000 churches across the country. The New Revised Standard Version is recognized in scholarly circles as the most accurate translation into English of the original Hebrew and Greek texts. In the tradition of its predecessors, the King James Version and the Revised Standard Version, the NRSV was designed to be the standard version for English-speaking people across all denominations.
- The text of the New Revised Standard Version (Protestant canon), vetted by an ecumenical pool of Christian academics and renowned for its beautiful balance of scholarship and readability
- Sewn binding for increased durability, allowing the Bible to lay flat
- European Bible paper to maximize readability
- Concordance for finding key verses
- Single column format in prose and double column format in poetry sections
- Satin ribbon marker
- 10.5-point type size