NRSV, The C. S. Lewis Bible, Hardcover
Publication Date: November 09, 2010
Number of Pages: 1568
Dimensions: 9.50 × 7.75 (inches)
Ribbon Marker: No
Page Gilding: No
Invite C. S. Lewis into your reading of Scripture
C.S. Lewis was one of the intellectual giants of the twentieth century and arguably the most thought provoking and influential Christian writer of his day. For over forty years, generations of readers have found insight and inspiration from his uniquely articulate view of God’s interaction in the world and in our lives. The NRSV C. S. Lewis Bible provides readings comprised of selections from Lewis’s celebrated spiritual classics, a collection that includes Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters, The Great Divorce, The Problem of Pain, Miracles, A Grief Observed, The Weight of Glory and The Abolition of Man, as well as letters, poetry, and Lewis’s less-familiar works.
Each reading in this NRSV Bible, paired alongside relevant passages in the Bible, offers C.S. Lewis as a companion to your daily meditation of Scripture. As you engage in your devotional Bible reading, you will also gain insight from his writings and spiritual journey as you invite Lewis into your spiritual discipline.
- The text of the New Revised Standard Version (Protestant canon), vetted by an ecumenical pool of Christian academics and renowned for its beautiful balance of scholarship and readability
- Over 600 selections from C.S. Lewis for contemplation and devotional reading
- Introductory essays on C.S. Lewis’s view of Scripture
- Indexes to guide you to each each reading
- Concordance to help you find familiar biblical words and passages
- Double-column format
- Presentation page