The New Pastor's Handbook
Vendor: Baker Books
Publication Date: October 06, 2015
Number of Pages: 208
Dimensions: 8.00 × 5.00 (inches)
- which ministry role most suits them
- how to start out strong at a new church
- persevering during difficult seasons of ministry
- leading meetings and delegating tasks
- safeguarding their family
- fighting discouragement, pastor envy, and a lack of contentment
- navigating special ministry needs, such as hospitals, weddings, and funerals
- and much more
Through his hard-won wisdom, Jason Helopoulos comes alongside new pastors as a trusted friend and mentor, ready to guide them through their first years of ministry with intelligence and compassion.
Jason Helopoulos serves as the senior pastor of University Reformed Church (PCA) in East Lansing, Michigan. He regularly contributes to Tabletalk, the Gospel Reformation Network, the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals, and The Gospel Coalition. Jason has also authored A Neglected Grace: Family Worship in the Christian Home, The New Pastor's Handbook, Let the Children Worship, and These Truths Alone: Why the Reformation Solas Are Essential for Our Faith Today. He serves on the boards of Twin Lakes Fellowship, the Gospel Reformation Network, and the Malawi Reformation Network. Jason and his wife, Leah, have two children--Gracen and Ethan. He is an avid fan of the world-champion Chicago Cubs and the less-than-champion Chicago Bears.