It's Not Supposed to Be This Way Study Guide
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: November 20, 2018
Number of Pages: 176
Dimensions: 9.25 × 7.38 (inches)
What went wrong? Why did God let this happen?
Reality often ends up so very far from the life we long for, doesn’t it? Bible teacher Lysa TerKeurst deeply understands daily disappointments and life-altering loss. By walking through her own valley, she’s discovered that in God we can find unexpected strength as we wrestle well between our faith and feelings.
In this six-session video Bible study (DVD/digital downloads sold separately), Lysa offers a safe place to share your disappointments, fresh biblical insight to get you through painful situations, and life-giving perspectives for living in between Eden and eternity.
With solid truth, vulnerability and honest humor, Lysa will help you:
- Find peace and hope for the future when you feel like your life is not what you expected.
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment by discovering how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
- Train yourself to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so you can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when God actually does give you more than you can handle.
- Shift your suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing you.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help them navigate hard realities with real help from God's truth.
- The Birthplace of Disappointment
- Living Between Two Gardens
- Problems Placed On Us and Problems Within Us
- The Four Steps of Restoration
- When the Enemy Comes Against Us
- Kingdom Minded, Eternally Focused
Designed for use with It’s Not Supposed To Be This Way Video Study (9780310094364), sold separately. The individual DVD has a total run time of 110 minutes, six sessions roughly 18 min each.