In Time and With Love
Vendor: William Morrow Paperbacks
Number of Pages: 240
Dimensions: 0.00 × 0.00 (inches)
Written in a jargon-free, parent-friendly style and illustrated with 100 photographs, In Time and With Love is filled with advice on feeding, dressing, disciplining, teaching, and assisting special-needs children.
The author of the acclaimed Your Child At Play series, Dr. Segal presents a warm, positive approach toward child-rearing that helps parents deal effectively with the particular issues of raising special-needs children, including:
- dealing with relatives and friends
- keeping peace between siblings
- maintaining a healthy relationship with your partner
- understanding the advice from your doctor
- taking charge of your child’s medical care
The mother of a special-needs child herself, Segal offers an entire section on games and activities that can promote social and emotional development, encourage motor and language skills, and are just plain fun for parents and children alike.