If You've Got a Dream, I've Got a Plan
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: September 30, 2002
Number of Pages: 164
Dimensions: 9.00 × 6.00 (inches)
You may be the next Hank Williams, Mozart, and Bob Dylan all rolled up into one. But if you don't get the right people to hear the songs you've written, then the best you can hope for is to be an undiscovered genius.
If You've Got a Dream, I've Got a Plan is written by one of Country Music's most successful songwriters. In this informative guide, aspiring songwriters will learn:
- What is a demo? And do I need a demo?
- What is a single song contract?
- How do royalty rates work?
- What is ASCAP? BMI?
- How much money can I make if my song hits number one on the charts?
- How do I get the right people to hear my songs?
Kelley Lovelace is an award-winning songwriter who lives in Nashville, Tennessee. He is the co-author with Brad Paisley of the book and the song He Didn't Have to Be. He is also the songwriter of the hits "Wrapped Around", "Two People Fell in Love", "The Impossible", and "I Just Wanna Be Mad".