I Give Up Study Guide with DVD
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Dimensions: 9.10 × 7.30 (inches)
But I don’t want to surrender!
It’s normal. It’s natural. It’s human to want to be in control.
But when your need for peace surpasses your desire for control, God–who truly uses all things for our good–demonstrates how much we can trust him. The very act of completely surrendering our will to his can become the one act that will change your life forever.
Recording artist and bestselling author Laura Story demonstrates the ironic joy found when we surrender it all to God and simply give up. Surrendering expectations and power is not a step-by-step process but a willful, daily decision worth every single ounce of effort.
In I Give Up, we learn what surrender is not:
- Surrender does not come naturally to any of us.
- Surrender is not acquiescing to an enemy who wants to dominate us.
- Surrender is not "My will be done!"
- Surrender makes it impossible for you, and the people around you, to stay the same.
Though surrender sometimes flies in the face of our instincts, hopes, and dreams, it’s never without benefit. A surrendered life includes the surprise of a truly full and satisfying existence where trust is reasonable, reconciliation is possible, and relationships can heal.
- What Is Surrender Anyway? (19:00)
- God’s Character Matters (14:00)
- Giving In and Up (10:00)
- Being Transformed (12:00)
- The Ripple Effect of Surrender (15:00)
This pack contains:
- I Give Up Study Guide
- I Give Up Video Study DVD (streaming video access included)