I Am Strong
Publication Date: December 29, 2015
Number of Pages: 224
Dimensions: 8.05 × 5.35 (inches)
For many, the Christian life looks like this: You call out to God. Your problems get worse. You suffer and wait. Nothing changes. Author John S. Dickerson knows the feeling. A rare health condition drove him to examine the Bible's claim that "when I am weak, then I am strong." As a journalist, Dickerson has seen severe human suffering. As a pastor, he has comforted others through unimaginable grief. He wrote I Am Strong to give understanding, hope, and strength to the hurting.
In its chapters, I Am Strong equips you to:
- Unlock God’s strength for your difficulties.
- Understand how a loving God will resolve your pain.
- Know God's plan to repurpose your pain, injustice, and inadequacy.
- Understand why your suffering does not mean God is punishing you.
- Overcome life's circumstances as Christ and Paul did.
- Discover the life-changing power of God's strength in your weakness.
I Am Strong breathes hope and comfort. Much more, it offers daily practices and lifelong vision on which to build an unshakeable life of meaning and peace.
John S. Dickerson is a bestselling author and prize-winning journalist. His work has appeared in The New York Times and USA Today, among others. As a pastor, John has guided individuals and communities through grief and loss. He serves as Teaching Pastor in Residence at Venture Christian Church in Los Gatos, California, where he lives with his wife and children. Learn more at JohnSDickerson.com.