Doing Good Is Simple
Publication Date: August 02, 2016
Number of Pages: 224
Weight: 0.35 lb
Dimensions: 7.10 × 5.00 (inches)
What if you could become a powerful force for good in the world without moving overseas, burdening your overwhelmed family, or giving up the comforts of modern life?
Chris Marlow, founder of the global advocacy organization Help One Now, once felt paralyzed in the face of global problems. They seemed too numerous, too complicated, too big—and after all, how much can one person really do? But a wake-up call in Zimbabwe and a closer study of Scripture soon showed Chris that maybe Christians are overcomplicating how to do act justly in a broken world. Maybe all God is calling us to do is set up a lemonade stand for a good cause.
Doing Good is Simple is your practical guide to world change wherever you are. Through Chris’ own journey of an ordinary person seeking God’s good in the world, this book will:
- Empower you to make a difference where you are
- Redefine good according to God’s metrics of small, simple things with great love
- Bring global concepts down to earth for you to find your place in the area where God is calling you
- Disband the top myths we tell ourselves when it comes to world change and why we aren’t “enough”
- Free you from your first world guilt complex that drags you down
- Provide practical, accessible guidelines for getting started today
Chris Marlow is the founder of Help One Now, an organization that mobilizes ordinary people to fight poverty by empowering indigenous leaders to care for the world’s most vulnerable children. Help One Now began in 2009 with a $1,000 investment and has since gathered a tribe who have helped build schools, rescue homes, and medical clinics through simple acts like garage sales, community concerts, and lemonade stands. Chris is a sought-after speaker at churches and conferences such as Tedx, Plywood People, IdeaCamp, Together for Adoption, and The White House’s gathering of Innovators Doing Good. Chris lives in Raleigh, North Carolina, with his wife, two daughters, and a German Shepherd pup. Connect with him online at www.chrismarlow.me.