In contradistinction to more traditional works, Franke:
- critiques traditional evangelical theological conceptions
- emphasizes the "local" nature of theology
- engages the postmodern context
- contrasts conservative and postconservative approaches
- interacts with the broader faith community
Sure to provoke intense discussion, The Character of Theology will help Christians to be faithful in a world in which the spiritual and intellectual landscape is ever changing.
John R. Franke (D.Phil., University of Oxford) is theologian in residence at Second Presbyterian Church in Indianapolis, Indiana, and general coordinator for the Gospel and Our Culture Network. He previously taught at Yellowstone Theological Institute and Biblical Theological Seminary. He is the coauthor of Beyond Foundationalism: Shaping Theology in a Postmodern Context and editor of Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1-2 Samuel in the Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture series.
Post to your social network