Breaking the Code - Leader's Guide
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: August 01, 2006
Number of Pages: 32
The Book of Revelation contains passages of great beauty and comfort, as well as passages that strike the casual reader as bizarre, bewildering, and sometimes frightening. How are readers today to discern God\'s message in this peculiar part of the Bible?
Noted biblical scholar Bruce M. Metzger presents solid scholarship in a non-academic style. The book includes a list of resources for further study and a study guide for 8-13 sessions. Ideal for use in personal or group study.
- Introducing the Book of Revelation/John\'s Vision of the Heavenly Christ (Revelation 1:1-20)
- Letters to Churches/More Letters to Churches (Revelation 2:1- 3:22)
- John\'s Vision of God and the Lamb (Revelation 4:1-5:14)
- Opening the Seven Seals of God\'s Scroll (Revelation 6:1-8:2)
- Sounding the Seven Trumpets (Revelation 8:3-11:19)
- The Satanic Trinity: The Dragon and the Two Beasts (Revelation 12:1-14:20)
- The Seven Bowls of God\'s Wrath (Revelation 15:1-18:24)
- The Final Victory and the Last Judgment/John\'s Vision of the Heavenly Jerusalem (Revelation 19:1-22:21)