For parents with boys newborn to eighteen, 5 Conversations You Must Have with Your Son will be as much a part of the boyhood journey as those Legos you\'re still finding under the sofa cushions and the garage full of sports equipment. Award-winning youth culture commentator Vicki Courtney helps moms and dads pinpoint and prepare the discussions that should be ongoing in a boy\'s formative years.
Fully addressing the dynamic social and spiritual issues and other influencers at hand, several chapters are written for each of the conversations, which are:
1. Don\'t define manhood by the culture\'s wimpy standards; it\'s okay to be a man!
2. What you don\'t learn to conquer may become your master.
3. Not everyone\'s doing it! (And other naked truths about sex you won\'t hear in the locker room.)
4. Boyhood is only for a season. P.S. It\'s time to grow up!
5. Godly men are in short supply-dare to become one!
The book also offers invaluable tips on having these conversations across the various stages of development: five and under, six to eleven, and twelve and up.
Vicki Courtney is a speaker and the best-selling author of many books and Bible studies. Among her popular writings are the ECPA Christian Book Award winners TeenVirtue and TeenVirtue Confidential. Vicki and her husband have three grown children, a son-in-love, a daughter-in-love, and a grandchild. They live in Austin, Texas where they are blessed to have all of their children living nearby. More information can be found at VickiCourtney.com.
Post to your social network