1,001 MORE Things You Always Wanted to Know About the Bible
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: February 11, 2001
Number of Pages: 496
Dimensions: 8.50 × 5.50 (inches)
The Bible has inflamed the hearts of poets and martyrs, spawned revolutions and reformations, and influenced cultures and personal lives in sometimes small, sometimes dramatic ways. With a teacher\'s wit and knowledge, bestsellling author J. Stephen Lang again turns to the Bible and navigates more of its immense treasures in his easily accessible and informative style in 1,001 More Things You Always Wanted to Know About the Bible.
You will discover answers to the questions and curiosities you have always harbored about the Bible and its influence but perhaps felt you should already know. A joy to browse and reference, this fascinating book is sure to satisfy an inquirer\'s mind and spark further study of the Bible.
Test your knowledge of Bible trivia:
- In a famous folk legend, who found the \"true cross\" of Christ on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem?
- In 1952, what new Bible translation caused heated opposition?
- Who established Sunday as \"The Lord\'s Day\"?
- Who wore girdles in Bible times?
- What favorite children\'s song did Anna Bartlett Warner write?
- What is the \"mercy seat\"?
J. Stephen Lang is the author of the bestseller The Complete Book of Bible Trivia and sixteen other books, including 1,001 Things You Always Wanted to Know About the Bible and 1,001 Things You Always Wanted to Know About the Holy Spirit .