Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: November 29, 2001
Number of Pages: 96
Dimensions: 8.00 × 5.00 (inches)
A quick but thorough introduction to the culture, history, and practices of the world's second largest religion!
- What Muslims really believe about God, the world, and their place in it
- How Muhammad established a religion that now stretches around the world
- The meaning of Jihad, and how it fits into Islamic teaching
- The role of terrorism in an Islamic worldview
- The place of women in the Muslim world
- Why Palestine continues to be a point of contention with the Muslim people
- How Christians should relate to people from Muslim countries
- 20 recently asked questions about Islam
- Glossary of key terms
- List of resources
James A. Beverley is Associate Director of the Institute for the Study of American Religion in Santa Barbara, California and a Professor at Tyndale Seminary in Toronto, Canada. He is a contributing editor to Christianity Today magazine, and a frequent contributor to Faith Today and Charisma magazines. He has specialized for twenty years in the study of modern religious movements. He is the author of many books including Holy Laughter & the Toronto Blessing. Jim and Gloria have two adult children.