Publication Date: October 21, 2014
Number of Pages: 240
Dimensions: 9.50 × 6.50 (inches)
- Where there is the possibility of love, there has to be the reality of freedom, and therefore the possibility of pain.
- Wishing God had made a different world is to wish yourself out of existence.
- The cross is the key to a compelling and rational explanation for trusting in God in the face of suffering.
- In comparison with other world religions, the Christian response is highly distinctive.
- The reality of evil only makes sense in light of the reality of divine goodness.
- Relational knowledge about God takes the argument beyond reason to the presence of God amidst suffering.
- God's decision to allow temporal suffering is understandable when viewed from an eternal perspective.
- Divine goodness shows how to conquer not in spite of, but even through suffering.
Ravi Zacharias is the founder and chairman of the board of Ravi Zacharias International Ministries, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with additional offices in Canada, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, the United Kingdom, and the United Arab Emirates. Zacharias and his wife, Margie, have three grown children. He is the author of many books, including Can Man Live Without God and Why Jesus?